Monday, December 1, 2008

Turkey and Thanksgiving

- click photo for larger image -
Brandy, Alec, LeoRay, Baby Ava, Melissa, Daniel, Roy, Gilbert, Austin, Lauren, Josh

Thanksgiving for me this year was at Uncle Gilbert's new house just north of San Antonio. This was the first holiday that we spent without my Dad. Aunt Geraldine led us in an emotional prayer and it felt like Dad's spirit was right there with us. The food was great, Uncle Steve's salsa was AWESOME. Brandy made the corn casserole and Austin loved it because he went back for seconds. Baby Eva and Baby Bella are just learning to walk so they were all over the place. We tossed around the football and the frisbee outside while some of the others were looking at old pictures and reminiscing about Dad. There were some pictures of our Grandma and my Aunt Helen that I have never seen. My Mom and her husband Rick went to North Carolina to visit Brooke his daughter, but I will be seeing my Mom for Christmas this year so I can spend some time with her then.

It was great having some of our family together: Ruby, Geraldine, Twila, Shawn, Steve, Gilbert, Roy, LeoRay, Michael, Nickie, Melissa, Lory, Daniel, Katrina, Chuck, Donna, Trey, Brandy, Josh, Alec, Austin, Ava, Bella, and Lauren. The next family gathering will be for Christmas. HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!

Baby Bella, Mike and Katrina

No comments: